Rabu, 05 Oktober 2011

nyanyian pantai - cover book


This is my  first cover book project for one of my talented friends, Eref Leo. When he asked me to made this special project, I was very excited. Actually it was more a combinations between very excited and very confused since He gave me a total freedom to make it. So then, for a source of inspiration, I made a concept from one of his poems, which at the end was written in the cover. Can you see it clearly from the image? It was written in Bahasa Indonesia and he didn't make the English version. But if I have an honour to translate it, maybe that will goes like this (forgive me for my poor English, Mas):


Loving you,
as if the ocean's movement
never stop, not know worry
in my surge lays your soul

at the bottom of my soul far beyond my spirit's niche
one name has graven
i want to be with you
always

consume our love with no interlude!

Well, as you can see below, the author has just shown up and kindly give enlightment to the translation, so here is the proper one:
 
Ocean Without A Pause 

loving thou 
just like the move of ocean blue 
tired does not know can never stop 
adhere your soul in my ardour 

far in the recesses deep in my soul 
there only one name asleep and fold 
i just want to be with you
a think that always thou

drank our love like a pair of dove
along the ocean without a pause

This poem was dedicated to his beloved wife, who has been together with him for 16 years. Wow! such a man! I believe whoever get this kind of treatment couldn't help to feel flattered. So if you like this poem, you can take a peek at nyanyian-pantai. And once you fall in love with the glimpse,buy it!

viva la poésie!

4 komentar:

  1. Dear Phoe,

    I never thought that this cover as beauty as the way you express it. Indeed, it is reflecting of myself, reflecting of the way I dance with my wave in my ocean world, cos i always describe my self as an ocen or an offshore. so, when I wrote this book of poetry, where I put all my sense of belonging of some one, I have no other words to put it in the tittle except that one, 'Nyanyian Pantai' or 'Coast's Song'.. and you describe the cover very well.

    about the poetry, I hope this English version sound more poetic...

    Ocean Without A Pause

    loving thou
    just like the move of ocean blue
    tired does not know can never stop
    adhere your soul in my ardour

    far in the recesses deep in my soul
    there only one name asleep and fold
    i just want to be with you
    a think that always thou

    drank our love like a pair of dove
    along the ocean without a pause


    a bit change of course to meet the rhyme and poem :))))

    hmmm, I'm thinking about asking for the other 3 cover

    hahaha

    BalasHapus
  2. love this poem so much sis, lately I found myself cannot write anything >.< somehow losing my touch I guess

    BalasHapus
  3. hai monmist.. tumben ni, bikin seneng main2 di sini. suka ama puisinya? ya... gak heran, liat dong sapa pengarangnya... :D
    aku kehilangan kolam main di KG nih...lately beberapa kata mampir di kepala, tapi gak punya kolam buat tuang isinya... T_____T

    BalasHapus
  4. iya sama nih, pengen ada forum or tmpt gt utk nulis sbenernya. yah walau ide ga sbyk dulu sih tp keknya everytime I write these days sll abis ngalamin sesuatu yg ckup dalem

    BalasHapus